WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Strategic Decision Makers, Technical Experts, and Hands-on Professionals from Water Utilities Throughout The World Including
CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, Deputy Generals, Heads, Directors & Managers of:
- Strategic Planning
- Demand Management
- Technology & Smart Networks
- Customer Experience Transformation
- Strategy & Regulation
- Water Supply Networks & Customer
- Performance Improvement
- Digital Engineering
- Water Resources
- Customer Strategy, Billing & Customer Experience Design
- Smart Metering/Smart Metering Transformation
- Metering Strategy & Technology
- Data & Analytics
- Customer Leakage
- Water Demand Reduction
- Metering Engineers
Plus, Investors, Directors, CEO’s, Business Development Heads, Sales Directors, & Technologists From Smart Metering Solution Providers, Representing….
- Smart Metering Hardware Solutions
- Intelligent Retrofitting
- Devices & Solutions
- Software For Customer Personalisation
- Global Water Consultants & Market Analysts
- Communications Infrastructure For Smart Metering
- A.I. & Machine Learning Solutions
- Billing Solutions
- Smart Meter Project Managers & Turnkey Solution Providers
- Sensors & IOT Devices
- Customer Facing Apps
- Mobile Phone Integration Solutions
- Training Providers For Tariffs & Metering Innovation
- 5g & Wireless Middleware Solutions
- Digital Twins To Visualise Complex Data
- Smart Metering Future Proofing Solutions
- Data Visualisation Solutions For Customers
- Smart Grid Solutions For Metering Integration
- Data Analytics Solutions
- Data Integration Solutions
- Leakage Management Technology Solutions
- Smart Software Integration Solutions
- Valves & Flow Components For Smart Water Meters
- Data Protection & Privacy Specialists
- Virtual Simulation Software
- Cyber Security For Smart Metering
- Workforce Training Solution For The Digital Era
- Intelligent Network Technology
- PR Companies Specializing In Customer Communication
- Legal & Communication Experts To Help Handle Anti-Metering Groups
- Data Usage Applications For The Water Industry
- End-To-End Metering Solution Providers
- Trial & Project Management Partners
Kathy ShafferVice President, Product Management of EnergyIP® Portfolio
Ms. Shaffer is a utility industry and technology professional with 25 years of experience working with utilities to leverage technology in changing business environments. She is responsible for shaping the global EnergyIP® portfolio to address the evolving needs of utility companies during the digital transformation. With a focus on delivering cloud-based Meter Data Management solutions, she leads a portfolio of innovative, customer-oriented products designed to meet the ever changing business and regulatory needs and enable utilities to effectively utilize meter data to streamline operations.
Prior to joining Siemens, Ms. Shaffer worked for Accenture where she worked with utility companies undergoing business and technology transformation. Ms. Shaffer holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the Broad School of Business at Michigan State University and a Master of Business Administration from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.
Daniel SullivanGeneral Manager, Research, Innovation & Commercialisation
South East Water (Australia)
Gary AdamsHead Of Smart Metering Programme
Gary has worked in change management and business transformation for over 20 years with vast experience in the utilities sector majoring in energy retail and trading. Over the last 10 years he has led a number of significant Transformation programmes with a heavy focus on smart metering and customer experience oriented change. He joined Northumbrian Water Group in 2021 with accountability for blueprinting and leading the £60m Smart Transformation Programme charged with delivering the changes in people, process, system, data and organisational design necessary to deliver a smarter future.
Richard ChannellHead of Smart Metering Strategy
Richard is responsible for leading Thames Water’s thinking on their future smart metering strategy including how to drive water efficiency from meter data insights. He is a Chartered Engineer with extensive experience delivering digital communications solutions within utilities, telecoms, and broadcast sectors. His most recent experience prior to joining Thames, has been with Arqiva delivering the digitalisation of gas, electric and water services by deploying Internet-of-Things/smart metering solutions. Key achievements include the communications solution for the North of England and Scotland as part of Britain’s energy industry-led smart metering programme, and smart metering networks for Thames Water and Anglian Water.
Ian PembertonPrincipal Engineer
For the last 7 years, he has been Principal within the Water Engineering Science and Technology profession within Ofwat. He has a wide role providing technical input to Ofwat's monitoring of company performance, Environment team, Enforcement and Casework, Outcomes – including performance commitments, and price review.
Prior to joining Ofwat Ian has held positions in a number of engineering consultancies, contractors and equipment suppliers, including (what is now) WSP, Utilitec, Atkins and Amey. He has extensive experience in metering and data acquisition techniques.
He is a graduate of Lancaster University and has been a chartered engineer since 1994.
Antonio CagianoHead of Metering
Acquedotto Pugliese SpA
Antonio Cagiano is a civil engineer with over 15 years of experience in water smart metering. Currently is Head of Metering for Acquedotto Pugliese S.p.A., one of the most important Italian player in the water and wastewater sector, a system of over 30 thousand km integrated networks. Acquedotto Pugliese serves more than 260 settlements and 4 million citizens. It is a joint stock company running at a profit, with a turnover of 600 million euro per year. In this role manages the reading of over 1.000.000 water meters, the 10-years Plan for smart metering in fixed network, the consumption and administrative losses control. Prior to taking this role in 2019, Antonio was since 2016 Head of Water Systems (collection and validation of data for regulatory authorities, company water balances).
Samuel LoysonHead of Smart Metering
Samuel Loyson is Head of Smart Metering at SUEZ, managing 60 people, €46M revenue and 6 million smart meters, having joined the company in 2015. SUEZ is a world class leader in the Smart Metering solutions for water, gas and other Smart Cities related services.
Samuel joined Orange-France Telecom R&D branch in 2000, working on speech processing and natural dialog technologies. He held several positions managing the first operational deployments for large banking accounts and Orange customer services IVR. In 2006, Samuel transferred to Orange strategic marketing and by 2008 he was Marketing Director in charge of connected cars and transportation strategy.
Samuel studied engineering at French Ecole Polytechnique with a specialization in Information Technologies, completed with marketing and business training at EM Lyon.
Adam SmithManager Smart Networks & Metering
Adam entered the water industry in 2011 working for RPS as a leakage analyst, after starting his working life as a research scientist. Having worked in, Data Science, Innovation, Strategy and the non regulated water sector, Adam started his current position in November 2021 supporting the 15% leakage reduction in AMP7, improving network asset health, digitally transforming leakage operations and delivering the companies smart metering ambition. Other career highlights include: chairing the Water UK “Expert Resin Lining Group” 2019-2021, and leading a UK trade mission to Singapore and the Philippines with UK water supply chain 2018.
Jason SladeIMDS Smart Metering Development Manager
Anglian Water Services
Jason has been working in the water utilities sector for approaching 18 years, with his early years involved in technical metering support roles for a leading UK-based meter manufacturer. He headed up technical support teams who had responsibility for supporting water utility customers both in the UK and across the globe. A change of role into Product Management within the company, saw him lead their strategy on product offerings for Software and Solutions, with responsibility for bringing to market a number of premium offerings, which were developed and successfully implemented for water utility customers in the UK, North American, EMEA, APAC and LATAM regions. His career move to Anglian Water in the Spring of 2021, saw him have responsibility for the planning and rollout of the company’s Smart Metering Network, along with Health and Safety governance for works taking place on network mast sites, either on Arqiva / Cellnex or 3rd party sites, including Anglian Water sites. He also leads on field operations management and RMA process, provides ordering and logistics support, installation programme and technical metering support, along with delivering training to field operation teams and has involvement with Smart Metering Innovation projects. By delivering optimised and efficient planning of the network rollout, has allowed for meter installation teams to fit meters under coverage and bring the many benefits of Smart Metering to Anglian Water customers, and accelerate the number of meters installed and sending reading data across the Smart Network towards the target of 1.1M by the end of AMP 7.
Rian SullingsManager Digital Metering Transition
Rian Sullings is Sydney Water’s Digital Metering Transition Manager. With over 13 years of experience in smart water metering, Rian has worked with utilities, vendors, and experts from around the world.
He is responsible for leading the transition of over 1.6 million existing meters and new developments to smart meters and maximizing the value of the program and data generated for Sydney Water, its customers, and the community.
Sydney Water is the largest water utility in Australia by population served, supplying water, wastewater, recycled water, and some stormwater services to more than 5 million people over a 12,700 sq km area of operations.
Angela WallisTechnical Specialist Water Demand Management
Andrew Forster-KnightGeneral Manager Digital Utility
South East Water (Australia)
Andrew leads the Program, Customer Change, Digital Field Services and Digital Analytics and Performance teams within our Digital Utility group. Over the last 20 years, Andrew has pioneered the development of a range of technology-based innovations that have delivered efficiency and reliability benefits to water network operators, and helped to increase liveability and affordability for water utility customers. In his position as Operational Technology Manager, Andrew has played a key role in the development and delivery of our Digital Utility program, including the trial and roll out of Advanced BlokAid®, OneBox® and digital meter technology in our network.
Paul BurrisUtility Operations Manager
Paul has been in Elmhurst for the last 7 years but has over 30 years of operations of potable water, storm water, and wastewater facilities.
Paul was recognized in 2018 as APWA’s National – Water Resource Manager of the Year.
Paul also holds a Master in Public Administration from Governor State University in University Park Illinois.
Paul is also licensed at the highest levels for wastewater and water in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada and New Jersey. He also holds the highest non-surface potable water certifications in Michigan (S-1/D1).
Jaime Flores CabezaDeputy Director of R&D and Innovation
Canal de Isabel II
Jaime Flores studied Industrial Engineering at the Polytechnic University in Madrid. Over the last 30 years, he has dedicated his entire professional career to the water sector.
During the 90s, Jaime worked as a manufacturing and R&D manager within the private sector. Following this, he joined Canal de Isabel II working within the field of research and development. In 2020, Jaime was appointed as R&D Deputy Director at Canal, a public company that manages the integral water cycle in the region of Madrid.
Jaime has taken part in a wide range of R&D projects such as the definition and assessment of a neurotoxicity test using zebrafish embryos, pilot tests of a deodorization system in wastewater treatment plants, assessing the gasification of sewage sludge, installed water meter accuracy assessment, water demand reduction for outdoor uses, efficient gardening, and experiences for the recovery of phosphorous from wastewater as struvite. Jaime is currently involved in the development and implementation of NB-IoT Technology for an AMR system.
Jaime is a member of several national and international associations such as IWA (International Water Association) as well as being the formal contact point at “Water Europe” for Canal de Isabel II. At the national level, Jaime is the representative for Canal de Isabel II at the Madrid Subterra Association and President of the R&D Group at AEAS (Spanish Association of Water Supply and Sanitation Services).
He has published more than 20 technical papers and communications in national and international forums.
Jeremy HeathInnovation Manager
With more than 30 years of experience in the Water Industry and a background in both mechanical engineering and database applications, Jeremy is responsible for the management of innovation within SES Water. He has a keen interest in innovations that will transform how we manage our water networks, in particular smart metering, smart networks, artificial intelligence, and IoT communications. In addition to his role at SES Water, Jeremy is also the lead for the UKWIR national zero leakage project and is responsible for driving the UK leakage research programme.
Sandeep RaithathaHead of Strategy, Innovation & 5G IoT
Virgin Media O2 Business
Sandeep is Head of Strategy, Innovation & 5G IoT at Virgin Media O2 Business. The team responsible for driving growth to the organisation by establishing new and digital-first revenue streams from high-growth markets like 5G, IoT, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. 5G IoT has been a key
focus of innovation and team has been responsible for identifying, launching, and scaling Private
Networks and IoT Solutions to the market.
Kevin MurrayMetering Technology and Solutions Specialist
Kevin Murray is the Metering Technology and Solutions Specialist in the Asset Strategy function of Irish Water and was formerly the technical lead in Irish Water’s Phase 1 Domestic Metering Programme. Kevin holds a Master’s degree in Engineering Science, a Chartered Engineer, and is a Fellow of Engineers Ireland.
He is also a member of the Water UK Revenue Metering Network and is the Ireland representative on the CEN TC/92 (Water Meters) standardization committee. Kevin has considerable business experience and is a former director of Cork Chamber of Commerce and a former Deputy President of Chambers Ireland.
Stavros MelidesBusiness Development Manager
Stav has over 40 years experience in business development in the UK and abroad. Worked for national and international enterprises, social businesses, NGO’s, associations etc. Stav served as the business liaison officer of the EM VAPC part of the Ministry of Defence, the Chair of the FSB national council and several other boards of directors and committees. Also served as a reservist Military Army Officer. He enjoys being a Rotarian.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
Delivering All The Information Required To Implement Smart Meters And Customer Data Applications In The Water Industry
Mega-Trends In Worldwide Deployment & Testing Of Smart Metering Technology & Data Analytics Applications To Achieve Environmental Policy And Water Conservation Goals
- CEO/CFO Perspectives On What They Are Looking To Achieve Through Smart Metering Implementation
- Successful Smart Metering Implementation For An Authority That Needs To Conserve Water Whilst Reducing Cost
- Implementing An Action Plan For A Cost Effective End-To-End Smart Metering Programme That Delivers Value For Both Customers & The Water Utility
- Justification Of The Business Case For Implementing Intelligent Metering Technologies As An Enabler For Climate Action
- Championing The Use Of Smart Metering Technologies To Identify And Repair Customer Leaks On A Scale Never Before Attained
- Making The Case For Smart Metering Technology Investment To Gather Complete & Consistent Data To Engage Customers In A Conversation About Water Consumption And Usage
- Probing Under-Explored Benefits Of Smart Metering Technology For Water Companies & Customers - Including Saving Money On Meter Readings, Safety & Social Monitoring
- Implementing Smart Metering & Leveraging Data Within An Ecosystem Of Intelligent Networks
- Successfully Implementing A Smart Metering Programme: Execution Strategies, Technical Details & Practical Tips From The Field
- An Operational Roadmap For Leveraging Data Generated By Smart Water Meters To Influence Customers' Behaviour & Detect Leaks
- Retrofitting Mechanical Meters With Smart Functionality For Leak Detection To Avoid The Cost Of Building An Entire New Infrastructure
- Best Practice Retrofitting Of Mechanical Meters With IOT Sensors & Wireless Networks That Are Reliable And Cost Effective
- Learning About New, Scalable Ways To Improve Existing Water Meters And Provide A Smart Water Home Experience For Water Utility Customers With Hardware Add Ons
- Cost Benefit Analysis Of A Smart Meter And Valve Combination To Remotely Adjust Water Flow And Then Following Through With An App For Customers
- Combining Smart Devices And Analytics Solutions To Gain Actionable Insight For Leak Detection
Meet Water Utilities From All Across The Globe, Whether They're In Attendance In Person Or Online
- Convincing & Educating Consumers On The Benefits Of Smart Metering And How To Use The Technology In The Context Of Climate Change, Inflation, And The Cost Of Living Crisis
- Working With Diverse Customer Groups To Change Attitudes To Technology & Apps
- How To Tailor Communication To Different Groups Of Customers To Make It Easier For Them To Change Their Behaviour And Attitude Toward Metering Data And Water Conservation
- Addressing The Nuances Of Handling Political Opposition To Smart Meters & Dispelling Health & Privacy Concerns
- Best Practice Utilisation Of Metering Data – Beyond Billing, Usage & Leak Detection – To Create Value For Water Customers
- Knowing What Data To Share With Customers & How To Communicate Water Savings Messages Alongside That Data
- Optimising The Network Architecture & Implementing New Technology To Give Customers Full Visibility Over Their Usage Data
- Evaluate The Latest Solutions & Innovative Products To Help Water Utilities Make Better Use Of Data Generated From Smart Meters & Intelligent Sensors
- Evaluating The Most Recent Intelligent Software Products, Virtual Simulations, And Digital Twins To Support Smart Metering Technologies To Identify Pressure, Flow, And Consumption Anomalies
- Making Sure That The Hardware And Communications Technology Used In Smart Metering Programmes Can Be Updated Easily And Cost Effectively In The Future
- Future Proofing Smart Hardware And Communications Technology So That They Can Be Implemented With Minimal Disruption And Expense
- Investigating New Technology Solutions, Beyond Traditional Smart Metering That Utilise Sensors & Apps To Provide Customers With Real-Time Data & Alarms
- The Latest Developments In Smart Metering Data Analytics, & Machine Learning To Help Customers With Their Decision-Making
- Use Case On Utilising Digital Twins To Take Metering Data & Present It In A Way That Is Easy For Staff To Understand To Help Customers Manage Consumption
- Adapting The Workforce In The Field To The Era Of Smart Metering & Water Data Analytics
- Developing More Advanced Skills for Those Involved in the Installation, Management, and Maintenance of Metering Infrastructure, Including IT, Data Analytics, and Communications Technologies
- The Roadmap On Developing Measures To Address Cyber & Data Security Risks Relating To Smart Meter Technology & Devices